Incorporating Your Pet into Your Wedding Day
February is the month where we have found ourselves surrounded by people showing their affections for one another, be it for their significant other, or their gal pals for Valentines Day last week, BUT in February there is also a day devoted to showing the love we have for our pets…
You guessed it, it’s today!
20th February 2021 – National Love Your Pet Day.
Whether your pet is a dog, cat, gerbil, horse or budgie, there are ways you can incorporate them into your special day, and what better time to share these 8 ideas with you, than National Love Your Pet Day itself!
– Have your pet attend your wedding, it’s not unheard of to bring your horse to your wedding although dogs are more easily managed when part of a ceremony: cute ring bearers in formal attire is the dream isn’t it?
– Perhaps to avoid overexcitement, have a pet sitter bring your pet for a brief visit, just in time for the photos after the ceremony itself, there are specific businesses that offer this but make sure your pet meets them before the day itself to ensure they are compatible
For those couples who dream of getting married somewhere other than their hometown, some ideas are for you so even if your beloved pet can’t be with you on the day; they can be there in spirit:
– Get a cardboard cut out of them and place them beside your top table
– Incorporate them into your stationery, perhaps your save the dates can feature an image of you all when requesting your guests to keep a date free
– Use decoration as a way to pay homage. For example name tables after each and every one of them, perfect idea for an intimate wedding but also quirky for if you have lots of pets and lots of guests
– Incorporate them in your cake design as a cake topper perhaps, completely made out of icing for example, far too good to eat!
– Gents you can literally wear them on your sleeve with cufflinks
– Either you can donate or ask your guests to donate some money towards a local animal shelter